|Undetectable viral load
Jul 29, 2001
I seroconverted eight months ago, and according to HIV Amplicor Ver 1.5 viral load test now have a viral load below 400. I am not on medication yet. Is this a good sign and should I try another type of test ?
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
You don't indicate what your CD4 count is, although I suspect that with an undetectable viral load, it should be quite high or in the normal range. If your viral load is undetectable in the face of HIV infection, that means that your immune system is doing a good job of containing virus replication. HIV treatment is not indicated at this time. MH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- AIDS Infection Risk Sex With A Prostitute
- Diarrhea After Kissing Cold Sore Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Penis After Anal Sex Bottom Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Penis After Touching Sperm Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Tongue After Cunilingus Worried I Have HIV
- White Tongue After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.