Undetectable viral load
Jul 29, 2001
I seroconverted eight months ago, and according to HIV Amplicor Ver 1.5 viral load test now have a viral load below 400. I am not on medication yet. Is this a good sign and should I try another type of test ?
Response from Dr. Holodniy
You don't indicate what your CD4 count is, although I suspect that with an undetectable viral load, it should be quite high or in the normal range. If your viral load is undetectable in the face of HIV infection, that means that your immune system is doing a good job of containing virus replication. HIV treatment is not indicated at this time. MH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Mutual Masturbation Scared To Death
- What Are The Chances Of Getting AIDS From Sex With A Prostitute?
- Diarrhea After Mutual Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Dry Cough After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Groin Pain After Anal Sex Top Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Red Spots After Oral Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.