|actual window period
Jul 22, 2001
I've heard information stating that the reason why some people take up to 6 months to seroconvert is not because it just takes them longer to seroconvert but because sometimes there may be a delayed viremia phase. Is it true that in some cases, it may take months before the virus even starts replicating in the body. If so, wouldn't it also be true that no test(even pcr)could pick up infection until viremia begins.
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
Although theoretically possible, I haven't seen reported cases.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Blood In Urine After Anal Sex Bottom Worried I Have HIV
- Groin Pain After Breast Sucking Worried I Have HIV
- Groin Pain After Licking Rectum Worried I Have HIV
- Hairy Tongue After Rubbing Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Vagina After Genital Rubbing Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Painful Red Spots After Sex With Hooker Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.