Decrease in Viral load - not on meds

Hi doctor What can possibly cause a decrease in viral load without being on medication? The reason I am asking is that I have been testes positive last November and my stats have been as follows: Nov 2000 - VL 1900 CD4 713 Jan 2001 - VL 4080 CD4 521 March 2001 - VL 4800 CD4 616 July 2001 - VL undetectable CD4 658. Although I am very pleased with my latest results, I am confused as to what can possibly cause the virus to be undetectable if I am not on meds. My doctor explained that my body is producing enough antibodobies to fight the virus off on its own - can you please elaborate on this for me?

Although it is not clear when you became infected, it is possible that your immune system has been able to contain viral replication on it's own. There is a small percentage of infected people that exhibit these findings. If true, then you would not require any treatment for the near future. MH

Viral Load Drop Due to Natural Medicines?
ARS & Antibodies