Jul 22, 2001
Dear Doctor, If someone is exposed to hiv,but not infected can this person infect a future partner,or does infection have to occur for someone to pass the virus. Thank you
Response from Dr. Holodniy
As far as we know, infection has to be present.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- If Your Stomach Hurts Does That Mean You Have Hiv?
- Should Healthcare Workers Be Required To Disclose Their Hiv Status?
- Trazodone And Neuropathy
- Under What Conditions Is There Potentially A Risk Of Hiv Transmission By Urine
- Hepatitis C Symptoms In Men
- What Is Risk Of Hiv From Unprotected Sexual Exposure?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.