Jul 22, 2001
Dear Doctor, If someone is exposed to hiv,but not infected can this person infect a future partner,or does infection have to occur for someone to pass the virus. Thank you
Response from Dr. Holodniy
As far as we know, infection has to be present.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can Vaginal Secretions Cause Hiv?
- Is Genital Herpes A Symptom Of Hiv?
- When You Have Hiv When Do You Lose Your Appetite?
- Does An Hiv Test Include A Check For Chlamydia?
- Can Fluid Buildup Around Eyes And Blurred Vision Be Caused By A Viral Infection Or Hiv?
- Natural Treatment For Hypogonadism
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.