HSV as Diagnostic Indicator
Jul 22, 2001
Hello Sir, I've gotten a lot of benefit out of your responses so far, and I particularly appreciate the fact that your answers are direct and to the point. THANK YOU for your efforts.
In all honesty I'm probably one of the worried well, the operative word being worried. I have two questions, if you would be so kind: 1) I'm prone to oral herpes outbreaks when sick, sleep deprived, etc. Would their absence, while in no way diagnostic by itself, be considered a good sign while I'm in the window period? 2) If an HIV infection is present, how accurate would a PCR DNA test be 5 weeks past a known date of infection?
Many thanks and best regards.
Response from Dr. Holodniy
1. No data and probably not. 2. We have been all over this one before.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Will Chlamydia Show Up On A Urine Culture?
- What If You Are Not Cured After Taking Bacterial Vaginosis Medications?
- What If Had Sex After Taking The Pills For Chlamydia?
- What Cream Can You Put On Genital Herpes?
- Topical Cream To Soothe Genital Herpes Outbreak
- Can You Get Syphilis With Condom?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.