Tests for HIV at blood donations in the UK
Jul 15, 2001
I live in the UK and have donated blood twice. Can you please confirm that all blood donations are screened for the HIV virus, and would the blood centre advise you if the results were positive? Thanks
Response from Dr. Holodniy
I cannot comment on what UK policy is regarding those issues.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Will Chlamydia Show Up Within 3 Weeks Unprotected Sex?
- When You Get The Shingles Vaccine Can You Still Get An Outbreak?
- What's The Difference Between Herpes And Cold Sores?
- What Does Gonorrhea Do To Your Body?
- What Can Cause Herpes False Positive?
- Time Between Tingling And A Break Out With Herpes
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.