|Tests for HIV at blood donations in the UK
Jul 15, 2001
I live in the UK and have donated blood twice. Can you please confirm that all blood donations are screened for the HIV virus, and would the blood centre advise you if the results were positive? Thanks
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
I cannot comment on what UK policy is regarding those issues.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- When Donating Blood Does It Get Tested For Hiv?
- Hiv Testing And Donating Blood
- Hiv-1 Proviral Dna By Pcr
- Hiv And Aids Information More Sensitive Than Other Health Conditions
- People From Which Age Group Are More Likely To Suffer From Opportunistic Infections
- When Shingles Scab Up Are They Still Contagious?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.