accuracy of rna pcr and dna pcr??(2)
Jul 15, 2001
In question Q45855.qna you replied that the accuracy of rna pcr is 100 if infection is present after 1 month. Then, what is the accuracy of dna pcr after one month of possible infection? Or the test results after one month is reliable enough in your opinion?
Response from Dr. Holodniy
It is possible to estimate in "possible infection". My comments are limited to those published observations where people who are HIV antibody positive, have samples analyzed by these methods. That is much different than estimating accuracy in possibly infected people.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Itchy Skin After Oral Sex Hooker Does It Mean I Have HIV
- After Being Exposed To Hpv How Long Does It Take For Signs Of Cervical Cancer To Appear
- After Gonorrhea Treatment If Masturbated Does The Medicine Still Work
- Can Hpv Cause A Discharge?
- Can Steroids Cause Vaginal Bleeding?
- Is The Herpes Virus In A Male's Semen?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.