+ thinking

Dr. My partner and I have recently found that we are both HIV positive. My 'tcell' count is low and my viral load is very high inturn my PCP has given me medicine o assist in getting things under control. My partner on the other hand has a high count of tcells and a low viral load. Does this mean that I have been HIV positive for a longer period of time and that I possibly infected him? Or does this mean that I simply have a weaker immune system allowing the virus to multiply faster?

Probably the latter. Although I would need to know whether you had tested negative in the past, and when, to determine how long infection was likely to have been present in you. There are ways to determine whether the virus in both of you is the same. But this is not a commercially available test. This would not solve the riddle of who infected whom though. MH

6 months plus seroconversion
I smell daeth. Help me doc. Holodniy.