alcohol and hiv
Jul 11, 2001
If alcohol kills viruses and bacteria outside th body , then why should a significantly high blood alcohol level not kill off hiv?
Response from Dr. Holodniy
Because it would have to be very high, high enough to kill cells that harbor the virus. It would also have to penetrate all body tissues, as HIV is present everywhere.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What Does The Discharge From Chlamydia Look Like For Men?
- Risk Using No Condom When One Partner Has Herpes But Not On An Outbreak
- What To Do If Treatment Did Not Work For Gonorrhea Or Chlamydia?
- Took Antibiotics As Prescribed For Chlamydia And Still Have Symptoms
- What Is The Physical Appearance Of Syphilis?
- Syphilis Chancre Topical Cream
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.