Jul 11, 2001
If the PCR Viral Load Test is testing specifically for HIV, then why have there been cases of HIV negative individuals with viral loads?
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
Because "HIV negative" means in these situations, no HIV antibody present. Viral load detects the actual virus, and as such these people by definition are infected.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Chest Cold After Giving A Bj Worried I Have HIV
- Coated Tongue After Licking Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Cold Feet After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Penis Discharge After Anal Sex Bottom Worried I Have HIV
- Sinus Infection After Sex With Hooker Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Penis After Foreplay Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.