Jul 11, 2001
If the PCR Viral Load Test is testing specifically for HIV, then why have there been cases of HIV negative individuals with viral loads?
Response from Dr. Holodniy
Because "HIV negative" means in these situations, no HIV antibody present. Viral load detects the actual virus, and as such these people by definition are infected.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Sore Throat An Acute Symptom Of HIV?
- Is Stinging Pain A Symptom Of HIV?
- Night Sweats Worried It Could Be Ars
- Blowjob From A Prostitute How Long Does It Take To Test Positive For HIV
- Pain In Balls After Oral Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Painful Red Spots After Drinking Water Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.