viral load increase
Jul 11, 2001
on average, how much would a viral load increase if ones meds stopped working? in a 3 month period?
Response from Dr. Holodniy
Depends on what the baseline (pretreatment) viral load was. If someone had a completely suppressed viral load (<50) and went off meds, in 3 months it would be back to pretreatment levels. If some is taking meds and the regimen begins to fail because of resistance, it might not be that dramatic, perhaps going from <50 to 5-25,000. MH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Dry Cough After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Painful Urination After Oral Sex On A Woman What Are The Chances Of HIV
- How Long After Unprotected Sex Does It Take To Know You May Have A Std?
- Can I Find Out Who Gave Me Hiv?
- Can You Get Std From Oral Sex?
- Crystal Meth Use And HIV Drug Interactions
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.