viral load increase
Jul 11, 2001
on average, how much would a viral load increase if ones meds stopped working? in a 3 month period?
Response from Dr. Holodniy
Depends on what the baseline (pretreatment) viral load was. If someone had a completely suppressed viral load (<50) and went off meds, in 3 months it would be back to pretreatment levels. If some is taking meds and the regimen begins to fail because of resistance, it might not be that dramatic, perhaps going from <50 to 5-25,000. MH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Vaginal Discharge After Giving Oral Sex What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Can Moles On Your Vagina Cause Cervical Cancer?
- Cut In Mouth Drinking Out Of Someone's Glass HIV Risk
- Does Hiv Cause Penile Burning Sensation?
- Hiv Rna Pcr Test 6 Weeks After Unprotected Sex
- How Early Does Peripheral Neuropathy Occur?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.