Could I be positive
Jul 6, 2001
My ex recently died from aids we broke up 6 yrs ago, I was tested then, the tests proved negative but I am still worried cause people say it can take up to 10 yrs to show is this true
Response from Dr. Holodniy
Never heard of a case where it took that long for someone to become HIV antibody positive. I think what you may be confused by is people who are found to be HIV antibody positive, may progress to AIDS or death in 10yrs.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Itchy Rash A Symptom Of HIV?
- Is Oral Ulcers A Sign Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Is Tingling In Feet An Early Sign Of HIV?
- Ache In Testicles After Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Enlarged Lymph Nodes After Deep Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Fever After Giving Oral Sex What Are The Chances Of HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.