about pep

dear doctor, I have a question about post exposure prophylaxis. Is it possible for medications to supress the virus to such a degree that antibody testing will be forever negative, but the virus still exists in lymph nodes or the brain. In other words, does this medication have the ability to mask the prescence of hiv. I ask this because I was given pep one year ago, and still test negative. I am now in love and wanting to start a family, but am concerned about exposing my partner. Any insite you could offer about what pep actually does would be so helpful. Thank you

It would be unlikely that antibody would not be produced, yet infection were still present. PEP should have the affect of aborting or preventing infection. Thus, a more likely scenario would be the presence of antibody (due to aborted infection), yet no presence of active infection.

Viral load up slightly, should I be worried?
HIV dilemma