|Percent of infectious virions
Jul 5, 2001
I was wondering if we know what percent of the circulating virus particles measured by viral load tests are actually infectious. Just a scientific curiosity... Thanks a lot if you know the answer
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
Older data suggests that one in a thousand particles is probably infectious.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Dry Mouth After Performing Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Red Spots After Vaginal Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Vagina After Touching Skin Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Balls After Touching Vaginal Secretions Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Purple Spots After Sex With Stripper Worried I Have HIV
- Difference Between Venereal Disease And Std
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.