DNA PCR/clades detected?
Jul 1, 2001
Hi Dr. Holodniy,
Concerning HIV1, are groups A, O, N the only clades a DNA PCR will have trouble detecting or are there others?
Response from Dr. Holodniy
The ability to detect all subtypes/clades of HIV is dependent on the design of the PCR assay. Some commercial assays are limited in the clades they will detect. Some reference laboratories have modified the assay to accomodate detection of of most, if not all subtypes.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Burning Urethra After Touching Dried Semen Worried I Have HIV
- Groin Pain After Sex With Hooker Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Balls After Kissing Cold Sore Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Red Spots After Nipple Biting Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Vagina After Touching Dried Semen Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Sore Testicles After Licking Vagina Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.