|differences in viral load
Jun 30, 2001
Hi Mark. I have heard viral load can be very different. And in the weeks after hiv-infection it can be very high. Up to 10 000 000 copies ml. blood. Is it always that viralload reach such a high level in the first weeks after infection? Is it likely people have ars during the time viralload is many millions copies ml.blood? Thanks.
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
The viral load is detectable in all people with acute infection that have been studied. The levels do not have to be that high. There is not necessarily a correlation between viral load level and degree of symptoms.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Red Eyes After Kissing Cut On Lip Worried I Have HIV
- Red Spots After Touching Urine Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling In Feet After Precum Touching Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling In Fingers After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Back Pain And Loss Of Breast Tenderness At 7 Weeks Tissue Discharge
- Cervical Cancer Statistics
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.