hiv positive after 3 months?
Jun 30, 2001
You have said that 95,99 of people seroconvert after 3 months using the elisa . My question is will the pcr cover the rest say 5 if one cannot wait another 3 months to cover the total 6 month or longer window? secondly , do you recommend i undergo an expensive pcr if I have been tested negative at 6 weeks and at 3 months ?
Response from Dr. Holodniy
There is no data to determine whether PCR has added value in such a case. Certainly after 3 months, there is no added value.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Hiv And Foot Rash
- Persistent Generalized Lymphadenopathy And Hiv
- Will I Still Have Symptoms After Being Treated For Chlamydia?
- What If You Took Medicine For Chlamydia And I Still Have Symptoms What Does That Mean?
- What If Had Sex After Taking The Pills For Chlamydia?
- What Does Gonorrhea Look Like In The Mouth?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.