testing algorithm

Dear Dr

I had unprotected sex 4 months ago , It was brief pen etration without ejaculation (5 min maximum) . I subsequently had a home aids test 3 weeks later which was negative and then 2 elisa tests ( one at 6 weeks and 3 months respectively ; all negative .

My question is that I live in south Africa and is the window period for seroconversion the same as in the u.s.a?

Secondly, is the 6 month algorithm outdated to in south africa and if the answer is no then would a pcr test add any new information to my negative result? In other words if i had a pcr test now at 4 months then would it rule out hiv infection?

Thirdly, are you aware of any one who sero converted after 3 months in Africa or essentaily the World?

Thank you

There should be no difference in seroconversion time geographically. A PCR test at 4 months does not add anything. I am not aware of late serconversions in your part of the globe.

Why DNA PCR?
Lump.Low.Dropping