Viral Load and PCR: are they the same?
Jun 21, 2001
Hello Doctor, I am aware the PCR measures viral DNA. Do viral load tests also measure viral DNA or virus particles? What's the difference?
Response from Dr. Holodniy
PCR is a technology that can measure both HIV DNA inside cells and HIV RNA in viral particles in blood plasma.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- White Discharge After Unprotected Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- White Tongue After Drinking Water Worried I Have HIV
- Can Oral Thrush Cause Enlarged Lymph Nodes?
- Does Hep C Cause High Blood Pressure?
- How Long Do You Have To Wait Until You Can Get Tested For An Std?
- The First Symptoms Of Genital Warts Pictures
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.