Viral Load and PCR: are they the same?
Jun 21, 2001
Hello Doctor, I am aware the PCR measures viral DNA. Do viral load tests also measure viral DNA or virus particles? What's the difference?
Response from Dr. Holodniy
PCR is a technology that can measure both HIV DNA inside cells and HIV RNA in viral particles in blood plasma.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Should I Get Tested After Sex With A Prostitute?
- Ache In Testicles After Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Burning Penis After Sex With Stripper Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Causative Agents Of Sexually Transmitted Diseases
- What Antibiotics Treat Std?
- Can Anxiety Cause Night Sweats?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.