|Viral Load and PCR: are they the same?
Jun 21, 2001
Hello Doctor, I am aware the PCR measures viral DNA. Do viral load tests also measure viral DNA or virus particles? What's the difference?
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
PCR is a technology that can measure both HIV DNA inside cells and HIV RNA in viral particles in blood plasma.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Itchy Vagina A Symptom Of HIV?
- Is Tingling In Fingers A Symptom Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Is White Tongue An Acute Symptom Of AIDS?
- Blisters After Anal Sex Top Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Red Spots After Vaginal Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Penis After Touching Sperm Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.