|Virus has entered spinal cord and brain ?
Jun 15, 2001
On a recent visit to the doctor for testicular pain, which I still have, they told me the Aids virus has entered the spinal cord, and brain? What does this really mean ? This was a result of a spinal tap.
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
The HIV virus does not just circulate in the blood. The virus can be found in all parts of the body, including the brain and spinal fluid.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Do You Get Infected With HIV When The Virus Enters Your Bloodstream?
- What Happens When Herpes Virus Enters Your Body?
- Life Insurance For People With Hiv
- Is Listerine Helpful For Treating Thrush?
- What Is The Average Life Span Of Someone Hiv Positive?
- Chances Of Getting Hiv From Needlestick With Increased Risk
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.