Test clarification please

Hello Doctor... I've just received a copy of a viral load report (from 3/29/01) which notes under "comment", the following: This specimen can only be determined as having less than 400 copies of HIV-RNA per 1 mL of plasma (Viral Load). The linear response for the Amplicor HIV-1 test was found to be between 400 and 750,000 HIV-1 RNA Copies/mL." My question is, does this "linear response" refer to this specific sample, and therefor my test result or is the important part "less than 400 copies..."? Thanks, as usual...

I don't know what you are using the test for. The linear response is for all samples, not just yours. The test can dtermine a number within the specified range. Below that number (400), it cannot accurately determine whether the HIV copy number is zero or 399.

PCR RNA result
flu vaccine