Jun 12, 2001
I have been tested positive for cmv, I had a active titre level. Dr said I had both antibodies bulit up plus the actual virus. I'm confused with how I contracted this virus if I have a normal ammune system.My Dr's havent given alot of info.Can you please help me.
Response from Dr. Holodniy
Almost everybody in the U.S. has been exposed, and infected with CMV. With a normal immune system, we are antibody positive, indicating exposure and contained infection. When people become immune suppressed because of HIV, cancer or other reasons, the virus can begin to replicate again, because it never really went away, it just stopped replicating when the immune system was intact.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can You Get AIDS From Sharing The Cup Of Someone With HIV?
- Can You Catch Hiv From Crack Pipe?
- Why Does Uganda Have Lower Rates Of Hiv/aids Infections When Compared To Other Sub-saharan African Countries?
- Does Having Coated Tongue Mean I Have HIV?
- How Long Does Cryptococcal Meningitis Last?
- Can HIV Be Transmitted Through Biting?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.