CD4 count & viral load

My brother has been on several different regiments of medications in the past 4-5 years, now his cd4 count is 11, and his viral load is 750,000. His Doctor doesn't know what else to do for him, he told him he could try and get in an experimental program, so I was wondering if you had any suggestions for him? Any help or information you could give me on this matter would be GREATLY APPRECIATED by both of us! Thank you for your time.CLH

Experimental trials usually add one additional new agent to a regimen. I would first obtain a resistance test, provided your brother is still on a regimen now. That can help drive the next regimen. It is also important to know the previous drug history, and what has been tolerated, and could potentially be retried. A fusion inhibitor such as T-20, or tenofovir might be useful coupled with some older drugs. You can look at: for other trials. MH MH

Hiding in cells