FIRST SIGNS OF VIRAL SYNDROME?

About 6 weeks ago, I engaged in oral sex with another man. (First time ever and I am 51.) I was both the receptive and the insertive partner. He assured me that he was HIV negative, but I do not know him that well to really know for sure. There was no contact with ejaculate and I did not notice any pre-cum either, but cannot be 100 sure. For the last week or two I have had a mild, but peristent sore throat. I do not have allergies. I have also had intermittent mild headaches. Could this be a sign of acute viral syndrome? Was I at sufficient risk to be tested? Is there any data on the course of HIV in men who contract it in their 50's as opposed to younger men?

I am worried and would appreciate a response.

You don't indicate whether this was protected event or not. As I have stated before, if you think you are at risk, then you should be tested. The ARS syndrome can present with a variety of symptoms within days to weeks after exposure.

hepatitis and hiv
muscles and fat loss