hepatitis and hiv

i am a 27 year old male i was dioagnosed with hiv in 95 and i srarted treatments back in january but in february i found out that i had hepatitis c my doctors says he wants to wait atleast six months before treating me for the hep c. right now i am undetectable for the hiv virus, but my liver emzymes are high and they have went down a little because of the hiv meds can the hiv meds have any affect on your liver and can it help treat the hep c?i am currently taking combiverand viramune and iam also taking zoloft which is for depression .please let me know about this subject ok i would appreciate it thanxi heard that some med are not too good for the liver

The HIV meds will have no direct effect on HCV. It is controversial still whether treating HIV, and improving the immune system, indirectly improves HCV. The HIV meds you are on are metabolized in the liver. Rarely they can cause significant toxicity to your liver. We see many people with HIV and HCV on these meds and they are doing fine. MH

Adult VL # vs Pediatric VL #
FIRST SIGNS OF VIRAL SYNDROME?