May 1, 2000
Would elevated Liver Enzymes be related to HIV in any way? Thank You in advance.
Response from Dr. Holodniy
Elevated liver enzymes are a nonspecific marker for inflammation of the liver. Many diseases, drugs and alcohol can do this.Acute HIV infection, HIV medications, hepatitis viruses, other opportunistic infections, all can do this. MH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Chills After Unprotected Vaginal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Testicles After Sex With Sex Worker Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Rash After Deep Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Can I Take Amoxicillin For Vaginal Infections?
- Does Washing Up After Sex Prevent Std's?
- Can Low Immune System Cause Delayed Seroconversion?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.