|Viral load going down without treatment?
May 22, 2000
My lover had a viral load of 18,000 in early April, then when he received his genotype test for resistance (and was found to be sensitive to all meds), the viral load was 10,800. Is this a routine variation in viral load without any medical intervention?
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
That difference (< 2 fold) would be within the variation of the assay. In people who are drug naive and start meds, we look for changes of 100 fold. So in your example, a change from 18,000 to 180, or to < 50 (the lower limit of the assay).
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Does Pain In Penis Mean I Have AIDS?
- Is Muscle Ache An Early Sign Of HIV?
- Do People Get AIDS From Sex With A Prostitute?
- How Long Do I Wait To Get Tested After Blowjob From A Prostitute?
- Bloody Pee After Oral Sex Hooker What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Bloody Urine After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.