Extremely High Viral Load

I was determined to be HIV+ using a home testing kit (FDA approved), and followed up with a test from my doctor. The results showed an HIV-1 RNA PCR Quant of 659126, and my CD4 count is 589. I will get my second test results tomorrow,which will establish the baseline, but already plan to begin treatment immediately. What are my chances of getting that huge VL number down to 50 or so? I have seen no one on this website mention VL numbers so high. I'm pretty scared, as you can imagine.

Many thanks for this forum...

It is not clear from your description whether your test was done during acute infection (infected within the last few months), or if you may have been infected for sometime. If it is the former, than there is a good chance the viral load will come down to < 100,000/ml. If it is the latter, then that is where the viral load will stay. Effective, aggressive treatment can get that high of a viral load to < 50/ml.

MH

CD4 count going up very slowly
Relationship with viral load to transmission?