Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Understanding Your LabsUnderstanding Your Labs

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Terrible.... Mumtaz where can I take the cd4, cd8, viral tests?
Jun 18, 2000

one of my friend is diagnosed with hiv positive 7 months ago. He attempted suicide and did not tell anyone about this till now worrying his marriage might end. His wife is scared after the test and is staying separate..... Should they get divorced because of the HIV +ve? He got it from a dentist who did not sterilise properly. He is very depressed.... But he does not know about the cd4, cd8, viral load tests. Can he take those tests with out having insurance? Can these tests be done with out telling the identity? please provide me some centers to get these counts done. Thank you, Mumtaz

Response from Dr. Holodniy

Everybody approaches their HIV infection differently depending on their circumstances. HIV infection should not be viewed as a death sentence. Nor should someone feel that they need to get divorced from an uninfected spouse. Treatment is very effective today. Somebody has to pay for the tests. I would check with the local government clinics to see if he qualifies for care. The tests would be a part of that care.

MH

Previous
No meds yet and viral load is low
Next
expected/acceptable viral loads after high baseline

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.