Worried about Resistance if infected a long time, but never treated

My boyfriend of 6 months was just diagnosed with AIDS. His CD4 count was in the mid 100s and his doctors said that he was probably infected before meeting me. I am worried though about the two of us. I really did not know anything about resistance before this. I have slept with several other people before and during our time together. We did not have any kind of commitment. I thought I was using safe sex, but I was performing oral sex without a condom on my partner. Now I hear that oral sex is very risky. Is it possible that I could have several different resistant stains of the virus? Could I have passed them on to him? Is it possible that there are no drugs available for some people if they have too many resistant strains of the virus? I am really worried. please give me some guidance....

You do not indicate whether you have been tested, or if you are HIV positive. Unless you are infected yourself, you can't transmit resistant virus. If you are infected, it is possible to transmit resistant virus. This usually happens though when a patient is on treatment, has resistant virus, and transmits that strain to someone else. Multi-resistant virus (resistant to lots of drugs) has been transmitted.

MH

Resistance testing 4 wks after starting meds
When to start therapy considering resistance