Question about specimen

Doc, thanks for all the great work. Reading your answers has really helped me to make it through my testing. One quick question. My blood was drawn Monday, and my lab told me today that the PCR will not be run until Friday night (it had to be shipped to CA). This wait from Monday morning to Friday night, will it affect the sample or the results? Thanks for all you have done.

No. Blood samples drawn are usually processed and frozen on the same day. Once frozen, they can sit in the freezer for several weeks until PCR is performed, without any problems with the sample.

MH

Viral Load
Will I die young?