Question about specimen
Jul 3, 2000
Doc, thanks for all the great work. Reading your answers has really helped me to make it through my testing. One quick question. My blood was drawn Monday, and my lab told me today that the PCR will not be run until Friday night (it had to be shipped to CA). This wait from Monday morning to Friday night, will it affect the sample or the results? Thanks for all you have done.
Response from Dr. Holodniy
No. Blood samples drawn are usually processed and frozen on the same day. Once frozen, they can sit in the freezer for several weeks until PCR is performed, without any problems with the sample.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Blood In Urine After Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Penis Discharge After Licking Genital Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling In Feet After Receptive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- White Tongue After Licking Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- How Long Does Hpv Last Without A Host?
- What Age Group Is More Likely To Have Or Catch Genital Herpes?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.