Jul 9, 2000
i just was diagnosed with HIV my viral load is 500,000 was infected about 4 months ago does that seem high and should i be on meds right away?
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
That is a very high viral load. If you know for certain that your were infected 4 months ago, you may still be in the acute infection period. This might mean that your viral load will still come down somewhat. But even if the viral load establishes itself between 50-100,000, treatment will be warranted. MH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What Are The Ways You Can Get Gonorrhea?
- What Are The Chances Of Getting Herpes Or Warts From A Safe Exposure With A Prostitute?
- What Are Shingles And What Do They Look Like?
- What Is The Typical Incubation Period For Gonorrhea?
- Testing For Chlamydia With Urinalysis
- Syphilis And Rectal Bleeding
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.