|Viral load rebound
Jul 19, 2000
My viral load went from 1 million to 10 after extensive therapy. However, my doctor was concerned about my cholesterol and had me stop meds for 2 weeks. Now my viral load has rebounded to 400. Resistance or something else?
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
No resistance. HIV therapy only shuts off viral replication. If you stop therapy, the replication begins again and the viral load goes back up. You can begin to see the viral load come back up after only a few days off therapy.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Where Does Hpv Enter The Body?
- When Genital Warts Fall Off Are You Still Contagious?
- What Would Happen If You Had Sex With Someone That Had Genital Warts?
- What Does Chlamydia Discharge Look Like?
- What Can You Take To Prevent Current Genital Warts Breakouts?
- Waiting Time For Chlamydia Test Results
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.