|Viral load rebound
Jul 19, 2000
My viral load went from 1 million to 10 after extensive therapy. However, my doctor was concerned about my cholesterol and had me stop meds for 2 weeks. Now my viral load has rebounded to 400. Resistance or something else?
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
No resistance. HIV therapy only shuts off viral replication. If you stop therapy, the replication begins again and the viral load goes back up. You can begin to see the viral load come back up after only a few days off therapy.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- How Does The United States Help South Africa With Preventing Hiv/aids?
- Do They Test For Hiv In Pre Surgery Blood Test?
- Does Having Oral Thrush Mean I Have Hiv?
- How Long Does It Take To Get Rid Of Peripheral Neuropathy?
- Can AIDS Be Transmitted Through Massage?
- Can HIV Be Transmitted Through Blood In Mouth?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.