Cytomegalovirus

I recently saw my primary care doctor and he had done a chemistry blood test on me to see if I still have Epstein Barr Virus. Which I know I am a carrier of and have been diagnosed with this before, however he said I do not have it right now. I don't understand, is this something that comes and goes or just what is it? Also he said I have or am a carrier of Cytomegalovirus, I don't understand this either. Do I have AIDS or HIV, because I have been tested for this also and the test was negative. Just what is this CMV? I am afraid, I don't know if it is just something people with AIDS or HIV have also or do I actually have AIDS? Please explain these two viruses to me and give me some insight as to how they affect a person and what should I do? I also have Fibromyalgia and Spasmodic Dysphonia and am trying to get on disability for over 2 years now, but have had no luck. I now have an Attorney out of Chicago who has my case and is working on getting me disability. Are these viruses something to worry about or be concerned over?

Thank you

This is beyond the scope of this forum. Suffice it to say that the majority of people living in the US have been exposed and infected with CMV and EBV. These are very common herpes viruses, which we all have, and continue to have. They are unrelated to HIV infection, except when people with HIV infection have AIDS and profound immunosuppression, the manifestations of these other viral infections can develop.

MH

Visual Changes in Recently Infected
Viral load rebound