Veteran infected

Dear "Doc" .... I've been living with HIV+ since 1995. I'm taking Combivir, my viral load keeps going up and down the lowest was 314 the highest was 3600. My VA Doctor say's that the stress in my life play's a part in this, Is this common?, and how can I keep the stress in my life at it's lowest?, Last year I bought a home with rental property and I find that being a landlord may have influenced my viral load due to tenement stress... What can I do to remedy this?

Thank's "Doc"

BHR

Although we have no good studies addressing whether "stress" in ones life can affect viral load, there are plenty of anecdotes from doctors who have seen this phenomenon. What is not clear is whether this is related to the stress and chemical changes it might influence in the body, or whether because people who are stressed out forget to take their meds consistently and that is why the viral load blips up.

MH

seroconversion and level of CD4/CD8
PCR test showing slight reactivity