|seroconversion and level of CD4/CD8
Jul 25, 2000
As I know normal proportions of lymph. CD4/CD8 is more then 2 to 1. After HIV infection lymph. CD8 goes up over the CD4. Is it happen only after seroconversion or this process is independent from seroconversion and antibodies? Thank you very much. You are very helpful.
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
Not sure what you are asking here. The reversal of the ratio occurs with HIV infection. The change in t cells is independent of antibody production. Looking for a change in t cell numbers or this ratio, would not be appropriate to rule out HIV infection.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Red Spots A Sign Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Is Swollen Lymph Glands A Symptom Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Stinging Pain Could I Have Acute HIV Infection
- Bronchitis After Sex With Stripper Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Purple Spots After Drinking After Someone Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Tongue After Performing Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.