For World AIDS Day, read about stigma, criminalization and more >>

seroconversion and level of CD4/CD8

As I know normal proportions of lymph. CD4/CD8 is more then 2 to 1. After HIV infection lymph. CD8 goes up over the CD4. Is it happen only after seroconversion or this process is independent from seroconversion and antibodies? Thank you very much. You are very helpful.

Not sure what you are asking here. The reversal of the ratio occurs with HIV infection. The change in t cells is independent of antibody production. Looking for a change in t cell numbers or this ratio, would not be appropriate to rule out HIV infection.

Should I Switch?
Veteran infected