Jun 1, 2001
Dr., About one month after protected sex, I developed mono symptoms including fatigue, swollen lymph nodes, soar throat, and slight fever.
At first the doctor did not think it was mono, but we requested a mono test. The test came back positive. After about 2-3 weeks the symptoms left and I have been fine ever since.
Does a positive mono test conclude that the symptoms were definately from mono? Is there any chance it still could have been from HIV?
Are mono tests very reliable?
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
It depends on what specific test for mono was performed.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can Mono Affect HIV Test At 6 Months?
- Can You Get Mono And Hiv In One Blood Test?
- Painful Red Spots After Giving Handjob Worried I Have HIV
- Vaginal Discharge After Touching Penis Worried I Have HIV
- White Tongue After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Can A Male Get Pubic Lice From Public Restrooms?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.