Hep A Vaccine and Test Results
May 25, 2001
Hello Doctor: Would a HepA vaccine received over six months ago affect an HIV DNA PCR and/or an antibody test? Could it cause a false positive on the PCR? The PCR is being taken at six weeks post exposure. The antibody test has not taken place yet.
I greatly appreciate your medical opinion on this matter. Thanks very much.
Response from Dr. Holodniy
Hep A vaccine would not affect PCR or antibody testing.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Probability Of Getting HIV From Touching Vagina
- Rash After Licking Genital Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling Lips After Sucking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- White Tongue After Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Can You Get Genital Warts Just From Touching?
- Can You Get Hep C From Kissing A Hep C Infected Person?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.