|Hep A Vaccine and Test Results
May 25, 2001
Hello Doctor: Would a HepA vaccine received over six months ago affect an HIV DNA PCR and/or an antibody test? Could it cause a false positive on the PCR? The PCR is being taken at six weeks post exposure. The antibody test has not taken place yet.
I greatly appreciate your medical opinion on this matter. Thanks very much.
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
Hep A vaccine would not affect PCR or antibody testing.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Itchy Scrotum After Sensual Massage Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Balls After Breast Sucking Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Painful Urination After Insertive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Tingling Lips After French Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Can Smx/tmp Cure Trichomoniasis?
- How Fast Can You Detect A Std?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.