What is a Viral Load

Dr Holodniy ;thank you for you great work on this site.I am A little confused about what is the viral load,is it made up of destroyed T cells.Also the higher the Viral load the more CD4 are destroyed is that true.I had double back luck both HIV and NHL diagnosised at the same time,my VL was 5000 and CD4 289.My CD4 count should improve after chemo,what doees my VL mean as far as HIV goes.That was the highest count.Thank you

Viral load is the amount of HIV virus in your blood. It can range from < 50 copies/ml to > 1,000,000 copies/ml. Your current viral load would be considered in the low range, which is a good thing if you have to have it. MH

Latest info on qualitative HIV detection by PCR
? Resistance