|What is a Viral Load
May 24, 2001
Dr Holodniy ;thank you for you great work on this site.I am A little confused about what is the viral load,is it made up of destroyed T cells.Also the higher the Viral load the more CD4 are destroyed is that true.I had double back luck both HIV and NHL diagnosised at the same time,my VL was 5000 and CD4 289.My CD4 count should improve after chemo,what doees my VL mean as far as HIV goes.That was the highest count.Thank you
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
Viral load is the amount of HIV virus in your blood. It can range from < 50 copies/ml to > 1,000,000 copies/ml. Your current viral load would be considered in the low range, which is a good thing if you have to have it. MH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Night Sweats Worried It Could Be HIV
- Sore On Penis Sign Of HIV Infection
- Diarrhea After Eating Sperm Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Rash After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Red Spots After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Itchy Vagina After Touching Used Condom Sign Of HIV AIDS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.