Persistant symptoms and -EIA

Dear Dr,

Approx 1yr ago I had a high risk exposure to HIV. 9 months later I tested neg to the EIA HIV 1/2 test and so did my wife. Description of my symptoms:

6 weeks (after exposure)-swollen throat and difficulty swollowing with strange muscle pain in the back of my neck down my spine.

10 weeks- excessive salva producing (left gland under jaw swells and can be sometime painfull with small red streak on the left side of my neck which also happens to be sensitve to cold and heat to this day)

12 weeks (always after exposure)- Sore upper right abdomen) know seemmed to have disapeared. At this point my doctor did a CBC and other tests (liver function, differential something, White blood cell count etc..) that showed no indication of "out of the normal" results.

20 weeks- tingling/pain sensation on my left forearm and both my lower legs with excessive sweating to my hands and feet and underarm (no night sweats)-to this day.

9 months after exposure: EIA neg test with other complete blood work with no abnormalities.

In summary, my remaining symptoms are: excessive sweating of hands, feet and underarm, pain in my lower legs, swelling of my left saliva gland (under left side of jaw) with stiff neck (left side) and sensitive to cold and heat in the areas described with muscle ache that moves around.

My doctor is not cooperating and insists it's in my "head". Quite frustrating but he tells me he doesn't know where to turn next and doesn't think it's HIV.

Is there a need to be re-tested for hiv? if so which test? And if not, can you suggest any other testing that would bring light to these symptoms??

Your advise would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks from Canada!!

You need to look for other causes.

PCR-DNA questions
hiv testing