You asked what bands showed on my western blot

In my previous post, which you answered today (5/20), you said it would be helpful to know what bands reacted to determine acute infection. Band 24 was Positive, and Band GP160 was Weakly reactive. All other bands where negative. Does this sound like acute infection to you? Also, exactly 3 months ago, the tests where all negative. Also, in the meantime my doc has just put me on Epivir, Zerit, and Kaletra. He said that his feeling right now was that he would only keep me on meds for one year, and then take me off meds all together. So, I guess, two questions, one, would you agree based on this info that I am in the acute/seroconversion stage right now, and then the other question is do you feel it is possible that given my circumstances that after 1 year, I could be taken off meds. One other note, because of the study I was in, they know that I have CCR5 delta-32 del from one parent, and there is some promoter gene that I am GG (I think they said that means I got it from both parents) which the blood study folks think will predispose me to being a long term non-progresser. Any opinions here?

The band pattern on the western blot is consistent with acute HIV infection. There is no cure for HIV infection. Being on treatment for 1 year might be advisable to see where you immune system is then, and off of therapy. Having one gene for delta32 CCR5 makes your cells less susceptible to HIV infection. However your cells can become infected. The early data suggests a reduced level of progression risk in your case. MH

Thanks
Viral Load and Transmission