May 20, 2001
what does undetectable mean
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
It means below the level of detection and quantitation of the viral load assay. These assays today have a lower level of detection of 50 copies of virus/ml of blood. Thus, it does not mean zero. There is the possibility that there is detectable copies of virus present, but given the current sensitivity of the assays, they can't detect them.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Pain In Balls After Breast Sucking Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Urethra After Performing Oral Sex Worried I Have
- Penis Discharge After Vaginal Sex Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Sore Testicles After Getting A Tattoo Worried I Have HIV
- White Tongue After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Does Amoxicillin Cure Stds?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.