ARS OR DENGUE FEVER?
May 16, 2001
Hi Doctor, are symptoms of dengue fever (flulike, rash) very similar to that of ARS? Nearly 3 months following a high-risk sexual exposure, I came down with flulike symptoms followed by a transient rash 5 days later. But this also started 3 days after arriving back from a Sri Lankan vacation where I rode an elephant through a jungle and into a stagnant swamp (while wearing shorts)! Could I have caught a mild case of dengue fever from this experience? (I tested HIV NEG 8 months after the high-risk sex)
Response from Dr. Holodniy
HIV symptoms can resemble dengue.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Do People Get HIV From Condom Slipped?
- Probability Of Getting HIV From Insertive Anal Sex
- Should I Get Tested After Touching Condom?
- Burning Red Spots After Rubbing Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Dry Mouth After Giving Oral Sex What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Itchy Balls After Oral Sex Hooker Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.