Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter 

Not detected

Hi I have had undetectable results since starting treatment four years ago. My most recent lab result showed hiv 1 rna qn pcr in value <20 detected but in reference range not detected. Then in hiv 1 rna qn pcr in value <1.30 detected but in reference range not detected, what does that translate to and what should I do? My cd4 is over 1,000 but in general worried.

I would not be concerned. A value of < 20 copies/mL or < 1.30 log10 copies/mL express the same number in different mathematical terms. It is not uncommon to see this kind of result. It can represent assay variability or intermittent virus replication below the level of quantitation. It does not mean that treatment has failed.

HIV
VDRl 1:2 to weakly reactive.