Vl of 110
Aug 26, 2018
Hi Dr, i ve been on genvoya since apr 1, 2017. My cd4 at start were 362 than 380, 525 and now 650. I was undetectable after starting my medication by two months, but now my last test on august shows a viral load of 110, cd4 650. What is ur interpretation?
Response from Dr. Holodniy
Given your excellent results, and assuming you are taking your HIV medications as prescribed, I am generally not concerned with a blip like this when people have been undetectable previously. The viral load usually will go back down to undetectable levels on the next test. If the viral load continues to go up, then that might be cause for concern and evaluation of the HIV meds and whether a change is necessary.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Are Coughing And Sneezing Hiv Symptoms?
- How Long Can Hiv Live In A Moist Environment?
- How Long Do It Takes To Get Hiv Results Back From A Hospital?
- When Having Sex The Condom Broke Is It Possible For You To Get Hiv From An Infected Person?
- What Do Ulcers In The Mouth Look Like When U Are Hiv Positive?
- How Long Before Symptoms Of Hiv Appear?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.