Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter 

Cd4 count and percentage took a huge drop

Hello. I was diagnosed 18 months ago and have been undetectable for the last 17 months. About 6 months ago my cd4 count dropped from where it went up (674) to 600. My last lab results came in and my cd4 count dropped to 300 and my cd4 percentage dropped 30% and is now under the low end of the normal range. I am still undetectable but I am extremely concerned. Is this something to worry about?

In general, I am usually not concerned in these kind of CD4 fluctuations when the HIV viral load remains undetectable. It would be unusual to see this kind of drop, and I would look to lab error, and/or make sure there are no other active medical issues going, if this proves to be true on a repeat test.

Cyclospora in HIV patients greater concern?
Magnesium and my viral load?