<20ml/copies VL detected
Aug 4, 2018
I have had patients with CD4 counts in the 800/1000 range with detected VL <20 cop/ml.. Asymptomatic with no recent illness. Why at times are they detected? Then the next check up the VL taken at the same lab shows <20 not detected?
Response from Dr. Holodniy
There are probably two aspects to this finding. First, is assay variability below the quantifiable limit of 20 copies/mL. Second, there may also be some intermittent HIV replication from some sites in the body.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Itchy Rash After Performing Oral Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Can I Get Hepatitis C From A Bite Wound?
- Can You Get Genital Warts When Giving Oral Sex?
- 6 Months Hiv Test Was Nonreactive After Unprotected Oral Sex
- Can Seroconversion Take Place After 10 Weeks?
- Do Pimples Increase The Risk Of Hiv Transmission?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.