Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter 

Cd4 570 and Hairy Leukoplakia

My favorite HIV info web site,

For three years i am undetectable and my latest cd4 in July was 570 but for three months i've got Hairy Leukoplakia on my toungue. Should i be woried? What do you recomend? Thanx in advance

Most people who are found to have oral hairy leukoplakia (OHL) have CD4 counts between 200-500. So where your CD4 count is about in the range. Although it can be a marker of immune system dysfunction, that is usually in people who are not on HIV meds and have detectable HIV viral loads. OHL is usually not harmful. Because your HIV viral load is undetectable and your CD4 count is in the normal range, I would not be concerned.

Frequent Viral Load Blips
Undetectable life expectancy