Dec 17, 2017
So I was diagnosed with Syphill some time in the month of May this year (2017) with VDRL 1:32 and TPHA 1:2560
As prescribed by my doctor I have Doxycycline for a month. After a gap of one month I got re-tested. This time result was VDRL 1:8 and TPHA 1:640. I was told to re do the test after 6 months.
Now Im dec after 6 months, I have done a retest but my titre level is still the same i.e. VDRL 1:8.
Do I go for the meds again?
Response from Dr. Holodniy
No, you don't need further treatment. The VDRL can remain positive for months to years after successful treatment.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Cold Hands After Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Red Spots After Sex With Stripper Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Skin After Eating Sperm Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Testicles After Sex With Sex Worker Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Are Purple Bumps On Side Of Mouth Cheeks A Sign Of Hiv?
- Can Hepatitis B And C Survive In Water?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.