Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter 

ARV for two years (efavirens 600mg/lamuvidine300mg/tenofovir ds 300mg

Hello I've been diagnosed full blown hiv/aids last dec 2015 with a 28 cd4 count Which I suffered PCP And I took my ART right away with cotrimoxasole Last 2016 of December my cd4 was 136 And now of dec 2017 my is cd4 is 151 and undected viral load of less than 34 copies. "My physician for two years told me that it's normal not to rise above 200 cd4 for now because I started ART at very low cd4 but I should be glad that VL is undectable." Recently I feel weak, Ill feeling and very very depressed. Am I experiencing various OI's or cancer now? since I'm still on low Cd4 count for two years even taking my ART. Am I gonna die soon?

In general, your doctor is correct, given the low CD4 count where you started. However, you are likely to see some further increase in CD4 count as long as the viral load remains undetectable, but that will be over a longer time. Although it may not feel like it, you have had an excellent response to HIV treatment. Regarding your current symptoms, it is hard to know if something else is truly going on, as those symptoms are not specific to anything. But I would speak further with your doctor about them to determine if any specific workup might be required.

Switch from travada to descovy and Prezcobix
Is it important to take atripla on time or no?